Add waveform visualization

Topics: Request
Oct 28, 2015 at 7:03 PM
Would be great if you could add Stereo Waveform Timeline control from http://wpfsvl.codeplex.com/ for currently playing track. Helps give an indication of amplitude cues within the track.
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2015 at 5:59 AM
Sorry for the late response on this! I haven't checked the discussions page in a while.

I haven't worked on this project in about 6 months, but I'll see if I can't get something working... I do have a few questions:
  1. Are you envisioning a waveform for each track that's playing, or a single waveform that's a composite of all active tracks? I'm not sure if the latter could be done efficiently.
  2. Would you have to have a stereo waveform? The implementation I've started work on regarding waveforms utilizes a waveform that's a rendering of the current audio amplitude of the whole track. As much as possible I try to avoid bringing other libraries into this, mostly because it's a project that I use to try and push myself.
  3. I envision an option to show/hide waveforms on a cue-by-cue basis, so as to reduce the amount of computing needed to render the waveforms. Do you see it working some other way? Specifically I don't see the need to have waveforms visible for every cue, so selecting only the cues that you want to view them for might be useful.